I have been building my career as a naturopath for a very long time. I am a life-long learner, and am constantly keeping current with the latest peer-reviewed literature.
• Hons. B.Sc. (Biology and Mathematics), Wilfrid Laurier University, 1991 • M.Sc. (Mathematical Biology), Queen’s University, 1993 • Ph.D. (Evolutionary Biology), University of Connecticut, 1999 • Canadian NSERC post-doctoral fellowship to pursue studies in comparative genomics at the Field Museum in Chicago • Deputy Director, Center for Genomics and Bioinformatics at Indiana University, Bloomington, 2002-2012
• Student with Sean Donahue, in his herbal course The Magic and Medicine of Plants (2011-2012) • Certified Traditional Naturopath, through the American Naturopathic Certification Board (2013) • Doctor of Naturopathy program with the University of Natural Medicine (enrolled since 2007, studies ongoing) • Diplomate in Osteopathic Manipulative Theory & Practice at the Osteopathic College of Ontario (enrolled since 2012, diploma pending one last hoop) • Practitioner Level 2, Primal Reflex Release Technique • Student in Aviva Romm’s Herbal Medicine for Women program (since 2016)
• Apprentice (2010-2014) to Graham Montague at the Center for Wholism, Bloomington; Graham was the founder and former co-director of the London College of Naturopathic Medicine; Graham taught me the basics of my bodywork technique and gave me a solid foundation for my homeopathic work. • Intern (2013-2016) to Dr. Lisa Pantzer, DVM; Lisa taught me about comparative pathology, homeopathy, gemmotherapy and TCM herbs in her vet clinic (Holistic Veterinary Services) in Nashville, Indiana.
• Participant, Endocrine System and the Chakras, Kathleen Maier, Southeast Wise Women’s Herbal Conference, Black Mountain, NC (2010) • Herbal Energetics, Kiva Rose, Learning Herbs online course (2011) • Healthy Baby Code, Chris Kresser, online course (2011) • Herbal First Aid, 7Song, Learning Herbs online course (2013) • Science of Nutrition, Matt Lalonde , Optimum Performance Training online course (2013) • Systemic Inflammation, Food Intolerance, and Autoimmunity: Pathophysiology and Natural Therapeutics, Paul Bergner, North American Institute Medical Herbalism distance course (2015) • Participant, Tongue and Pulse Diagnosis, Lesley Tierra, Midwest Women’s Herbal Conference, Almond, WI (2015) • Participant, Pulse Diagnosis and Lymphatics, Will Morris, American Herbalist Guild Symposium, Estes Park, CO (2015) • Herbal Pharmacology, Guido Mase, AHG Webinar series (2016) • Understanding the Endocrine System, Phyllis Light, ANCB webinar series (2016) • Systemic Dysbiosis Masterclass, Jessica Drummond, Integrative Women’s Health Institute webinar (2017) • RED-S in Women Athletes Masterclass, Jessica Drummond, Integrative Women’s Health Institute webinar (2017) • The Liver, Phyllis Light, ANCB webinar series (2017) • Autoimmunity, Phyllis Light, ANCB webinar series (2017) • Overcoming Overwhelm: The Adrenal Thyroid Connection, Aviva Romm, MD, Southeast Wise Women Conference, Black Mountain, NC (2017) • Integrative Pharmacology, Ben Zappin, LAc and Ingrid Bauer, MD, Five Flavor Herbs webinar series (2018) • Homeopathy for Lyme Disease, Robin Murphy, ND, Centre for Homeopathic Education webinar series (2018) • Homeopathy for Cancer, Robin Murphy, ND, Centre for Homeopathic Education webinar series (2018)
• Member, American Herbalist Guild, since 2010 • Member, American Botanical Council, since 2016